We build with and sell to qualified families, at cost with a no-interest mortgage, simple, decent. affordable houses.
How to Qualify
- Must meet income guidelines (see below)
- Must be unable to get a conventional bank or mortgage loan
- Must have need for decent housing
- Must be able to make a down payment of $1,100
- Must be able to make low monthly mortgage payments (approximately $375 - $500)
- Must be willing to provide 300-400 hours of sweat equity labor in partnership with Habitat for Humanity in Mobile County
- Must attend an orientation meeting
Orientation Meetings are held at the Habitat ReStore Home Improvement Center, located at 4128 Government Blvd in Mobile, Alabama.
You must be there promptly or you will not be admitted.
What to Bring
- $5 for a credit report which must be pulled by Habitat staff
- Proof of income
- Last tax return
- Lease agreement or rent receipt
- All credit information
- Monthly bills
- Amount of insurance payments
- Bank information
- Picture I.D.
- 1 person in family - between $10,400 and $27,700 per year
- 2 people in family - between $11,900 and $31,700 per year
- 3 people in family - between $13,350 and $35,650 per year
- 4 people in family - between $14,850 and $39,600 per year
- 5 people in family - between $16,050 and $42,750 per year
- 6 people in family - between $17,250 and $45,950 per year
- 7 people in family - between $18,400 and $49,100 per year
Habitat for humanity does not base family selection decisions on race, color, religion, sex, disability, family status, or national origin.